August, 2011

August, 2011
Missing: Katelyn: passed away 1994

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Extreme Couponing

O.K., so if you've followed my facebook posts, yesterday and today I went out in search of "Extreme Counponing" adventures!  Let me just tell you what I did:


1.  Rite-Aid: I had a lot of stuff to get here because I really wanted to take advantage of their "Wellness Bucks" and they had a lot of stuff that was "Buy one/ Get one free, or Get one 50% off" - this really peaked my attention because one of the items they had on the Buy 1/ get 1 for 50% was any Eucerin product.  Now if you have ever used Eucerin, you know it's the absolute best for anyone that has eczema or very dry skin.  Unfortunately, I've been burdened with this my entire life, and unfortunately, it's a legacy I've passed on to my two youngest children.  Every night after bath, they get lubed up from head to toe in Eucerin Cream (either the original, or Aquafor, depending on the severity).  Now, if you've used Eucerin Cream, you know it's expensive.  Depending on where you get it, it can range in price from $13.00 - $17.00.  I try to buy it at Kaiser because we get a 20% discount there. Anyhow, so Rite Aid had this on sale and I was also able to print $1.00 off coupons from the Eucerin website - score!!!!   I also purchased enough feminine hygiene products to last me the next few years.  So I did this in two steps - My first trip through the check stand cost me a total of $28.44 and saved $6.00 in coupons - but I also earned $8.00 in wellness bucks, which I used on my next trip through the checkstand - this trip cost me quite a bit more, but boy did I save!  I got 8 things of Eucerin cream (yes, I said 8!!  Should last us about a year) and saved  $63.92 on the cream alone!!  I also saved $28.00 in coupons along with my $8.00 wellness bucks - my ending total was $115.00, but considering what I saved, I think I did pretty good! :)  Oh... I also earned two free lashblast mascara's - $18.00 worth.... for FREE!!!


2.  CVS - my next stop - This was where I went to pick up all my son's allergy medicine, along with enough gum to last me a few months.  The gum was 5 Rain Gum and for every two packs purchased, you got $3.00 "Up" reward dollars.  I also had a coupon for this, so the gum ended up costing me a whopping $.67/ pack and I got 6 packs and earned $9.00 in "Up" rewards.  I then used that towards my son's allergy medicine.  He takes Allegra, which isn't cheap.  However, CVS had a sale on Children's Allegra for $9.99 each.  I then found a coupon for $2.00 off!  SCORE!!!!  I ended up spending $60.00 total at CVS and saved $55.00. 


O.k., so I'm averaging about 40% savings at this time.  Time to hit Safeway!


3.  Safeway - I LOVE THEIR NEW WEBSITE!!!!!!  They have this section called "Personalized Just4u" where they offer you discounts on items that you've purchased before and are also already on sale from their "Club Card Specials" - Example - Yoplait Yogurt: Club Card price; $.99 (a pretty good price); my "Just4u" price, $.49!!!!!!!  I loaded up!!!  So I went through and selected all the items they had listed for me, then I went through their coupon section (which is linked to "coupons.com")  and loaded all the coupons that I would need , some of them combined with my "Just4u" price gave me things for next to nothing!!!  I was so excited!!!!!!!!  Here's what I got at Safeway:



Quaker Oat Squares: 4 boxes @ $.75/ box

Kelloggs Rice Krispies: 4 boxes @ $.95/ box
Lipton Rice Mixes: 12 packets @ $.80/ packet
Arm & Hammer deoderant: 10 @ $.99/ item
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 4 @ $1.33 each
Safeway Brand frozen potatoes 4 @$1.77 each
Yoplait Yogurts: 20 @ $.49 each
Oscar Myer Deli Shaved lunch meat: 4 @ $1.36 each
Whole Frying chicken: 2 @ buy one get one free total cost: $8.92


obviously, there was a few other items that I only got one or two of that I won't bore you by listing, but I will say that I didn't buy anything that either wasn't on sale, or I didn't have a coupon for; my total out the door was $110.00, my Total savings:


Club Card savings: $57.06
Just4U Savings:   $22.94
Just4U digital coupons:  $9.25
Paper coupons:  $3.25
Total savings: $92.50

 TOTAL PERCENTAGE SAVED: 47%   OMG!!!!!!!!!!  I'm officially stoked!!!  and stocked - you really would not believe how many tampons and pads I have right now.... I better not go through menopause for a very long time!! :)

My last stop was Target - not much to get here.  I had a coupon for $2.00 off schick quattro razors and target had them on sale for $7.94 and if you bought two, you got a $5.00 gift card.  So I bought TWO!!  Used my $5.00 gift card to buy my 14 yr. old some undershirts; which, after my gift card, cost me a whopping $2.00!!  Hee hee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment