August, 2011

August, 2011
Missing: Katelyn: passed away 1994

Thursday, May 19, 2011

sewing lessons

so along with all the drama of my life.... a while back, my mother, a very accomplished seamstress told me she was too busy to teach me how to sew (huh??????>?) and suggested I take a class.  So I hired a woman from Richmond, Tani Martinat, to travel to my home to teach me how to sew.  Well worth the expense!  She charged me $60.00 for a 3 hour in home lesson (compared to a local sewing class, which charged $35.00 for one hour/week)  I am now, sewing like crazy!  Attached is some of the items I've made......
This was one of the first things I made... on my own.  A simple summer dress & hat made from eyelet lace; fully lined.  The denim jacket is of Gap - not quite to that point yet :)
 
Emma's Easter Dress was #2 on the list - this was actually a very difficult dress to make
The bodice is completely interfaced and the part at the top stands up on it's own - she looked so pretty Easter Morning!!
so now, I'm on a roll.... Emma is in need of summer Pj's; out of 5/8 of a yard of fabric, I'm able to get not one, but two bottoms!  One pant length, the other short length.  So far, I've made a total of 7 bottoms (gray bottoms not shown) and three tops
check out the "Lettuce Edge" I taught myself how to do! 




ok, now, she must have summer clothes!!!!!  I found this pattern for an adorable halter top - I've made 4 tops out of this pattern!
sorry about the wrinkles :(
 
This was fun - the pattern called for a simple elastic waist - Instead, in order to keep her in these for a while, I made an adustable waist band with a zip fly and button closure!


















Too adorable for words!


 Needless to say, I'm enjoying sewing very much!  Will keep posting more finished projects.  Currently working on more pajama tops and two summer dresses.  I just wish they would make more patterns for boys :(.  I feel like Jake is being left out :(. 


In other news - Kameron will be "Promoted" to the 9th grade in two weeks (they don't use the term "Graduation" anymore when going from middle school to high school I guess) - It's been a rough couple of years.  I remember when my now, 18 year old, went through middle school.... was she this difficult????  For the most part, I love him, but some days, I just want to drop him off at Foster care with a note pinned to him that says "Feed me".  Ugghhh, when did Teenagers get this obnoxious..... and smelly???? 








No comments:

Post a Comment